Looking at people’s blogs and YouTube channels and seeing their monthly beauty box subscriptions made me envious, however sometimes they look like they just don’t make the cut; considering how much you pay for a box full of mainly samples (£10 +p&p for Glossybox monthly subscriptions).
I decided to try out Gossybox to see what all the hype was about; that and because I’m becoming far too lazy to get the bus to a drugstore. Luckily I joined when it was a special Superdrug edition for Superdrug’s 50th anniversary. Therefore all the products inside were from this drugstore.
This is what I received in my first box:
- Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer – Which I’ve found works the best when put over moisturiser. It really does last all day. I have sensitive skin with invisible pores (I’m so lucky) so I don’t know how well it is at reducing the appearance of pores. It also didn’t irritate my skin at all.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (Black) – This is my 3rd mascara from this collection, I’ve tried the original and Rockin’ Curves. If I’m honest they’ve all worked the same on me but I do love them and their packaging. Plus I was running low on mascara anyway so it was good to receive this is my box.
- Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in Funky Violet – I hate getting eyeliners that need a cosmetic pencil sharpener because they are expensive and I always loose them. I can’t use a normal sharpener on this because it’s in that horrible plasticy packaging. This shade is bearable and compliments my blue eyes well. The application is ok but it’s nothing special. I may just be being bias because I don’t like GOSH make up.
- Superdrug Brown Doughnut Ring – I have to be in the mood to have my hair up. Because I have a small head so most of the time I look odd with my hair up (in fact, with my hair in a bun I look like I have two heads). I already have a hair doughnut from Primark which is similar to this one, apart from this one is a bit thicker.
- I Love… Strawberries and Milkshake Shimmer and Shine Lipgloss – I’m not a fan of lipgloss at all because it’s really sticky, gets stuck to my hair and is gross. I’m sure it’s nice for people who like lipgloss, but I’m a lipstick kind o’gal. I also couldn’t find this product on Superdrug’s website.
- Ghost Eclipse Tester – Floral and fruity, my kind of fragrance!
- Garnier Oil Beauty Tester – Disn’t really make a difference to my skin, it didn’t irritate my sensitive skin though which is surprising.
I’m really happy with my box, I’m thinking is it’s still good by month 3 then I will continue with it!