It’s similar for a lot of people, we get excited for summer but by the time it comes around we’re stuck in the house bored out of our minds.
Right now I’m at the start of my summer and I’ve already done most of my plans! I’ve been on holiday with my boyfriend, I’ve seen my friends that I haven’t seen in ages, I’ve watched the summer blockbusters at the cinema, and as a result of these I am left with no money (well..minus money because I am now in my student overdraft).
Apart from trying to find a job, which is the obvious solution I find, I don’t need my mum nagging at me about how unemployed I am! Finding a job is hard especially when most of the jobs which are available sound mind numbingly boring!
So here is a list which a want to complete over the time that I’m not at university, it can also help you lovely readers too if you also find that you find yourself struggling for things to do over summer:
- Get a normal sleeping pattern sorted so most of the day isn’t wasted sleeping.
- Write a list of books you really want to read, and finally get round to reading them.
- Write more! Whether it’s blogging, letter writing or fictional. Keeping up with writing skills will come in handy when the time comes to return to university.
- Get creative. Look on Pinterest! There is always a tonne of inspiration on there, whether it’s D.I.Y or making a card for your friend’s birthday.
- Exercise! It’s typical to find this on a to-do list. But now that my uni gym’s subscription is over and the gyms around me are way too expensive, I’m going to try and do some simple exercises at home. Stuck for ideas? Go to Cassy Ho’s Youtube, she is brilliant!
- Spruce up your CV now while you have time. Taking time on this can really pay off, set it out nice and simple (oh and delete those other 20 old CVs on your laptop).
- Put your CV on LinkedIn, make yourself more vulnerable to opportunities you want!
- Do some of that extra course reading now. Yeah it might not happen, but future me would be grateful.
- Make eating more fruit and veg a habit! Whether it’s a smoothie for breakfast or snacking on carrot sticks while you watch OITNB, this will give you more energy to do all this other stuff ^^^
- A well deserved detox. Your body will be thankful when you run out of money, give your liver a breather from all that Glen’s vodka you’ve been giving it since last September.
What do you think? Do you guys have any other ideas how I can stay productive?